As an employer in the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) , you have a set of duties and responsibilities to fulfill. Additionally, you are required to provide us with specific information to ensure the effective administration of your employees' contributions.
Below is a brief outline to guide you through these responsibilities.
Wiltshire Pension Fund has specified a number of timeframe requirements between employers and the Fund, that enables the provision of a high-quality pension administration service and to meet statutory requirements.
- Employer onboarded on i-Connect: All employers need to ensure that they submit their monthly payroll returns by the 19th of the month following the date of deduction. Please ensure strict checks are in place when submitting the monthly payroll returns to ensure we receive correct data, as our pension system is updated automatically from i-Connect submissions. See the i-Connect section of the website for further information about additional submissions required outside of i-Connect. Note: onboarded employers still need to advise us of Information needed outside of iConnect.
- Non i-Connect Employers: Please inform us when new members start, leave, retire or change their details via the forms and spreadsheets found on Employer Forms section.
- Pension Contributions: You have legal requirement to pay employee and employer pension contributions to us (including additional contributions payments but not AVCs) by the 19th of the month following the month of deduction. All contributions paid should be accompanied by a brief, completed remittance advice using our standard template. You can find the remittance advice in the employers forms section.
- Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs): All AVC payments should be made directly to the AVC provider, along with any information requested by the AVC provider.
- Employers onboarded on i-Connect: No annual, year end spreadsheets are required, however, we may request additional information when checking your last submission of the financial year.
- Non i-Connect Employers: A link to the year end spreadsheet will be sent to you in March each year and must be completed by the end of the first week of May.
- Pension Contributions: Employers must review their employee and employer contribution rate changes each April. Employee contributions bands increase in line with inflation each year and for some employers, their employer contribution rate will change each year too.
- TUPE transfers: It is essential that the Fund knows about any plans to outsource any LGPS staff as soon as possible. Due to the regulatory provisions in place, this is not a straightforward process and it also involves certain costs which we can advise on.
- Invoices and other charges: From time to time, other charges will apply for non-standard work. For example, FRS102 reports and costs related to TUPE. We will advise you as these occur.
I'm looking to...
Update my authorised contacts
Find an employer form
Change payroll providers
Find out who is eligible to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
Understand what is included in pensionable pay
Transfer in or transfer out employees
Leave the Fund
Retire someone due to ill-health
Notify a change for a member/s
Know how to deal with a leaver and deaths
Book some training for my employees
Learn more about the LGPS as I undertake the employer function or am a payroll provider
Learn more about i-Connect
Write my discretions policy
Find out more about valuations